READING PASSAGE 3
Read the text below and answer Questions 29–40.
What to do in a fire?
Fire drills are a big part of being safe in school: They prepare you for what you need to do in case of a fire. But what if there was a fire where you live? Would you know what to do? Talking about fires can be scary because no one likes to think about people getting hurt or their things getting burned. But you can feel less worried if you are prepared.
It’s a good idea for families to talk about what they would do to escape a fire. Different families will have different strategies. Some kids live in one-story houses and other kids live in tall buildings. You’ll want to talk about escape plans and escape routes, so let’s start there.
Know Your Way Out
An escape plan can help every member of a family get out of a burning house. The idea is to get outside quickly and safely. Smoke from a fire can make it hard to see where things are, so it’s important to learn and remember the different ways out of your home. How many exits are there? How do you get to them from your room? It’s a good idea to have your family draw a map of the escape plan.
It’s possible one way out could be blocked by fire or smoke, so you’ll want to know where other ones are. And if you live in an apartment building, you’ll want to know the best way to the stairwell or other emergency exits.
If you’re in a room with the door closed when the fire breaks out, you need to take a few extra steps:
- Check to see if there’s heat or smoke coming in the cracks around the door. (You’re checking to see if there’s fire on the other side.)
- If you see smoke coming under the door — don’t open the door!
- If you don’t see smoke — touch the door. If the door is hot or very warm — don’t open the door!
- If you don’t see smoke — and the door is not hot — then use your fingers to lightly touch the doorknob. If the doorknob is hot or very warm — don’t open the door!
If the doorknob feels cool, and you can’t see any smoke around the door, you can open the door very carefully and slowly. When you open the door, if you feel a burst of heat or smoke pours into the room, quickly shut the door and make sure it is really closed. If there’s no smoke or heat when you open the door, go toward your escape route exit.
Complete the sentences below.
Choose NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS from the text for each answer.
Write your answers in boxes 29-34 on your answer sheet.
29. While some might live in a tall buildings, others might live in a .
30. Important thing is to talk with your kids about escape and .
31. Making a is a good idea, it can help you escape.
32. If you live in an apartment, you have to know the way to the staircase or other .
33. You can only open the door if the is not hot and you can’t see smoke around the door.
34. You should immediately close the door, if smoke into the room
Do the following statements agree with the information given in Reading Section 3?
In boxes 35–39 on your answer sheet, write
TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
NOT GIVEN if there is no information on this
35. It is important to have a strategy before escaping the fire…………………..
36. You should mark different ways out of your home on the map……………………
37. If you’re stuck in a room, and see smoke coming from the other room, you should open the door and ran to the exit……………………
38. Hot door means you shouldn’t open it to escape……………………
39. If you open the door and everything seems fine, go straight to the exit……………………
Choose the correct letter, A, B, C or D.
Write the correct letter in box 40 on your answer sheet.
40. This article is mainly aimed at helping:
B Children and their parents
C Only parents
D Teachers at schools
Each question correctly answered scores 1 mark. Correct spelling is needed in all answers.
- One-story houses
- Plans, routes
- Emergency exits
- Not Given
Mọi chi tiết liên hệ với chúng tôi :
TRUNG TÂM GIA SƯ TÂM TÀI ĐỨC
Các số điện thoại tư vấn cho Phụ Huynh :
Điện Thoại : 091 62 65 673 hoặc 01634 136 810
Các số điện thoại tư vấn cho Gia sư :
Điện thoại : 0902 968 024 hoặc 0908 290 601
✅ TRUNG TÂM GIA SƯ TÂM TÀI ĐỨC ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Để lại một phản hồi